- Arsenal Eye £21m Swoop For Bundesliga Star – Report
- Team News Update: Wenger On Welbeck, The Ox, Arteta & Debuchy
- Arsenal To Offer 3-Year Deal After Meeting Agent Of Man Utd Target
- Arsene Wenger On Reports He’s Lining-Up Bids For £60m Duo
- Arsenal Boss Confirms Duo Are Fit & Available For FA Cup Final
- Arsene Wenger Confirms Injury Blow Ahead Of FA Cup Final
- Arsenal Fans Name Flop Of The Season, Top Signing & More
- Arsenal Face Competition For £46.5m Duo – Report
- Arsenal Star Named PFA Fans’ Player Of The Year
- Arsenal Ace Desperate To Prove Fitness Ahead Of FA Cup Final
Garde Rules Out Gourcuff-Gervinho Swap Deal
According to reports today, Lyon boss, and former Arsenal player, Remi Garde has dismissed speculation suggesting he’s interested in signing Gervinho from Arsenal this summer.
The Ivorian has missed Arsenal’s pre-season tour of the Far East due to ‘illness’, but it’s clear that he’s been left behind to sort out this future.
Several clubs have been credited with an interest in signing the frustrating 26-year-old, with a potential switch to Roma to link up with former boss Rudi Garcia strongly mooted in recent days.
However, there have also been reports suggesting that Gervinho could be on his way back to France with Lyon as part of a swap deal that would see long-term Arsenal target Yoan Gourcuff head in the opposite direction.
But Garde has ruled out the possibility of signing the former Lille ace as he is already well stocked in the attacking department.
“This has only come from the press,”
“I’ve heard that Lyon is interested in Gervinho, but Gervinho is a striker, and we have young and very good strikers already at the club.”
While I wouldn’t call Gervinho is an out-and-out ‘striker’, he has played there on occasion for us with moderate success, but we’ve been more used to seeing him play from the wings.
Gervinho may be looked upon as something of an enigma here in England but he’s actually got a decent reputation in France after two excellent seasons with Lille, so if he is to leave this summer I can see him heading back to Ligue 1. Just not to Lyon seemingly.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Would you be disappointed to see Gervinho leave? Or will you be glad to see the back of him?