- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Belgian Fancies £23.5m Man Utd Move Over Arsenal Switch
Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini would snub a switch to Arsenal in favour of a move to Manchester United, according to the Independent.
Both us and United have been strongly linked with a move for the giant Belgian in recent weeks with the 25-year-old understood to be keen on playing for a club in the Champions League after five seasons with the Toffees.
Although neither club has made an official offer as yet, the Independent suggest both Arsene Wenger and David Moyes are contemplating triggering his £23.5m release clause before it expires on the 14th of August.
However, it seems Fellaini has his eye on linking up with his former boss as the newspaper claims that should both Arsenal and United match his asking price, the Belgium international would choose a switch to Old Trafford as he’s already living in Manchester and is settled in the area.
I had no idea Fellaini lives in Manchester so if this report is accurate and he’s happy in the north West, then it’s going to be extremely difficult for Arsenal to compete with United if we do both make a move for the midfielder this summer.
Moyes appears to be determined to strengthen his midfield options before the window closes and has already been linked with Thiago Alcantara, Cesc Fabregas, Kevin Strootman and Luka Modric this summer, so a move for Fellaini could well be on the cards. However, our main focus appears to be a striker and links with any central midfielders have quietened down of late, so a move for Fellaini might be off the table for now.
Personally, I’d be gutted if he ends up going to United as I think he’d be an excellent addition to our squad, but we’ll have to see what Arsene has in store for us before the window clams shut.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Would you be disappointed if we missed out on Fellaini?