- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Report: Man Utd Close On Fabregas As Chief Exec Flies Home To Push Through Deal
Some worrying news today Gooners with reports claiming that Manchester United chief executive Ed Woodward has left the clubs pre-season tour of Australia to fly back to England to push through a deal to sign Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas.
Sky Sports announced late on Wednesday afternoon that Woodward was coming back to the UK to carry out ‘urgent transfer business’, which they claimed was nothing to do with the sale of Wayne Rooney and was about an imminent signing.
The Daily Mail, and several other sources, are suggesting the incoming player is none other than former Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas and United are now thought to be extremely confident of sealing a deal to bring him back to the Premier League this summer, despite the fact the player has previously insisted he wants to stay at the Nou Camp and Arsenal have first refusal to sign him.
United reportedly had a £25m offer rejected on Monday but were expected to go back with an improved bid and the Mail claim they’ve received enough encouragement that Fabregas wants to go to Old Trafford, that chief exec Woodward has flown home to tie up the deal.
If, as many have lead us to believe, Arsenal do have first refusal or a buy-back clause, and Fabregas goes to United it would mean either we’ve turned down the chance to re-sign him or he’s rejected us. Either way, it would be heartbreaking.
I’m not really sure what to make of it all just yet. Hopefully this is just the media adding 2 + 2 and getting 5 again, but it’s safe to say I’ll be absolutely gutted if Cesc joins United. Seeing RVP go there was bad enough but watching Fabs line-up alongside him at United next season would be unbearable.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
How would you feel if Fabregas ended up joining United? Do you think there’s any chance it will happen?