- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal Risk Missing Out As Napoli Confirm Madrid Talks Over Higuain
Arsenal risk missing out on Gonzalo Higuain after Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed that talks are underway with Real Madrid for the striker.
The Serie A outfit are on the look out for a new front man and are cash rich after selling Edinson Cavani to Paris Saint Germain for £55m on Monday.
It appears Higuain is under serious consideration with De Laurentiis confirming during a Twitter Q&A that talks are underway to try and sign the Argentinean, although Brazilian hitman Leandro Damiao is also on their radar.
When asked about who will replace Cavani and whether the club are in talks over Higuain and Damiao, the Napoli supremo said:
We will be competitive both in Italy and in Europe. Negotiations for Higuain and Damiao? It’s true, there are several names on the table we are considering. he said on his Twitter profile: @ADeLaurentiis
Arsenal were the early front-runners for Higuain and we were understood to be close to completing a deal before Real Madrid upped the asking price at the last minute. Arsene Wenger has since turned his attention to Luis Suarez and is now playing a dangerous game that could see us miss out on both players.
If Madrid manage to sell Higuain to Napoli, the likelihood is they will then up their interest in Suarez and you’d be a fool to think the Uruguayan, or Liverpool for that matter, would choose Arsenal over the Spaniards.
The worst case scenario it seems could see Higuain join Napoli, Suarez join Madrid and Rooney move to Chelsea, leaving us still searching for a world class striker. Let’s keep everything crossed that this isn’t how this pans out, but I’m still backing the club to sign Higuain in the end.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Do you think Arsenal will end up missing out on their striker targets?