- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal In Talks With Feyenoord Over Miyaichi
Feyenoord manager Ronald Koeman has confirmed the club are in talks with Arsenal over re-signing winger Ryo Miyaichi this summer, according to Sky Sports News.
Miyaichi arrived at the Emirates in January 2011 and was heralded as one of Arsenal’s future stars following a very successful loan spell with Feyenoord during the second half of the season that saw him score 3 goals and provide 5 assists in just 12 games.
However, after a reasonable loan with Bolton in the 2011/12 season, the 20-year-old’s career has stalled after a serious ankle ligament injury during an FA Cup tie with Everton last March saw his loan spell with Wigan come to a premature end, with him making just 4 appearances during his time at the DW Stadium.
Miyaichi is expected to recover in time for the new season but it seems he might be set for another move with Koeman confirming that Feyenoord are working hard to try and bring the Japan internationalback to the De Kuip Stadium.
“It’s right we are also working on Ryo Miyaichi, but at the moment it’s not clear what the situation is,”
“After that, we can make a step. It’s not that far yet.”
It’s not clear whether it will be another loan or a permanent move, but I hope it’s only a short-term thing if Miyaichi does leave as I think he’s got all the ingredients to be a top player. He just needs to keep himself fit and get some games under his belt.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Do you think Miyaichi can make it at Arsenal? Or is it time he’s sold?