- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Chelsea Make Contact With Madrid Over Arsenal Target Gonzalo Higuain
It appears Arsenal have some stiff competition for the signature of Gonzalo Higuain with Sky Italy claiming Chelsea have made contact with Real Madrid about the striker.
After weeks of speculation and negotiations where we’ve gone from being on the cusp of Higuain signing and him travelling over to London for a medical, to being told we’ve not even put in an offer, to Arsene Wenger putting the deal on hold while he turned his attention to Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, it appears this saga has taken another twist.
According to Italian journalist Tancredi Palmeri, Sky Italy are reporting that Chelsea have made contact with Real Madrid to enquire about signing Higuain.
Chelsea also have contacted Real Madrid for Higuain, according to Sky Italy
— Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) July 15, 2013
If true, this is seriously bad news and a nightmare scenario many Gooners have been fearing. I, like many other Arsenal fans, have called for the club to concentrate on getting the Higuain deal done while we had the chance and forget about trying to sign Suarez – which is highly unlikely to happen in the end.
It was pretty obvious that another big club would join the chase for the Argentinean hitman eventually, with Chelsea and Manchester City the likeliest candidates after missing out on Edinson Cavani, and sure enough, here we are.
Chelsea will probably be able to offer more money than we can and you could argue that they are a more appealing option to the player as Higuain has played under Mourinho in Spain for the last three years and lets face it, they’ve been winning trophies regularly in recent years.
I really hope Sky Italy have got this one wrong because if Higuain ends up going to Chelsea after everything that’s gone on over the last couple of weeks, there are going to be some very angry Gooners around. It’s going to be just like the Juan Mata case where we’ll regret letting a world class talent join our rivals and have to see him tearing it up week-in, week-out knowing he should have been doing it for us.
So fingers crossed this report is bo*llocks, because for everything we read in the papers it’s extremely unlikely we’ll end up buying Suarez and there aren’t many better striker available than Higuain this summer.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Will you be disappointed if we end up losing Higuain to Chelsea?