- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Contact Higuain’s Agent To Demand Decision Over £25m Move
According to reports, Arsenal contacted the agent of Gonzalo Higuain on Friday and demanded he made a quick decision over whether he wants to move to the Emirates this summer or stay at Real Madrid.
Until now, we’ve been lead to believe by various media outlets that Higuain was keen on making the move but Arsenal and Real Madrid were struggling to agree a fee, with us supposedly unwilling to match Real’s £27m asking price.
However, the Metro’s report takes a slightly different view by claiming that it’s the player who’s holding up the deal and he’s still undecided over what he wants to do after we apparently agreed a fee in the region of £25m with Madrid over a month ago. They suggest personal terms of around £150,000-a-week have also been agreed with Higuain but the striker is now considering staying at the Bernabeu after holding positive talks with new boss Carlo Ancelotti last week.
The indecision has apparently left Wenger worried that he’s going to miss out on his No.1 summer target and this has lead to him making enquiries for other strikers such as Wayne Rooney and Luis Suarez. But the Frenchman realises they are unlikely to happen so the Metro claim he contacted Higuain’s agent on Friday and demanded a decision was made within the next few days so he could concentrate on other targets if the Argentinean decided to stay at Madrid.
It’s an interesting take on things if true, but I think it’s mostly guess work and the reality is that the newspapers probably don’t have a clue whats going on with this ‘deal’. All we know is Higuain is still a Madrid player and until otherwise, it’s mostly guess work from the journalists.
I’d love to see Higuain in an Arsenal shirt next season and I still believe he’s the most realistic striking target of the ‘big three’ we’re being linked with, but the longer this goes on the more I can see him staying at Madrid unfortunately.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
What do you think is going on with the Higuain deal?