- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Higuain Still Wants Arsenal Move, According To Madrid’s ‘Mouthpiece’
With all the rumours concerning Luis Suarez flying about, talk of Gonzalo Higuain has quietened down somewhat in recent days. However, he was back in the news over in Spain today with newspaper Marca claiming that the striker is still looking to leave for Arsenal despite Real Madrid wanting him to remain at the Bernabeu.
You should know the story by now. We were reportedly close to sealing a £23m deal for Higuain last week when Madrid upped the ante at the last minute, demanding we paid nearer £27m. We backed off and have since switched our focus to Luis Suarez, leaving Higuain’s future up in the air.
Marca – who are known to have close ties with Madrid and are regularly called the clubs ‘mouthpiece’ – claim that new Real boss Carlo Ancelotti is happy for the striker to remain in the Spanish capital and fight for his place, but the player is understood to be adamant he want’s to leave in search of a new challenge and is keen to move to the Emirates having held positive talks with the club.
When a player is determined to leave, it’s rare they don’t get their way, so the signs are that Higuain is still very-much on the market. The only problem being that Marca claim that Madrid are still demanding £27m for his services. So unless Arsene Wenger is prepared to up his bid, we’re still stuck in limbo.
Although the Spaniards have just splashed out over £30m to sign midfielder Asier Illarramendi from Real Sociedad, so there is a chance they may now be prepared to lower their expectations in order to get some money in and balance the books.
Perhaps Madrid have seen us step up our interest in Suarez and have now ‘leaked’ this story of Higuain still wanting to leave to Marca to get our attention again?
Whatever happens, I just hope we hurry up and get something done quickly. If we really want Higuain, just go all-out and get a deal done. If Suarez is our No.1 target, then do all we can to make it happen. No more messing about, just go hard for your targets and pay the going rate. We expect clubs to pay top whack, so we can’t complain when clubs do it to us. If Adebarndoor was worth £25m, Higuain is most certainly worth £27m!
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Which striker would you prefer; Higuain or Suarez?