- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Fellaini Fears Wenger’s Priorities Will Scupper £23.5m Arsenal Move
Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini is concerned that his ‘dream’ move to Arsenal won’t go through because Arsene Wenger is more concerned about signing a striker, so say the Independent.
The Belgian was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates during the early weeks of the summer transfer window with some reports claiming we’d triggered his £23.5m release clause and a move was understood to be close.
However, those reports ultimately proven incorrect and no deal has been struck, and rumours linking Fellaini to Arsenal have died down in recent weeks with most of the talk centered on us bringing in a world class striker.
Instead of Fellaini on the back pages, it’s now Gonzalo Higuain and Luis Suarez and it does appear as though Arsene Wenger’s priority is to sign a striker before moving on to other areas of the squad, and this has supposedly got Fellaini worried that a move to the Emirates isn’t going to happen this summer.
The Independent claim that Fellaini’s £23.5m release clause expires on the 15th August and the 25-year-old fears that if Arsenal haven’t signed a new striker by that point, then he’ll miss out on what they say is his ‘dream’ move to north London. There is also a concern that Wenger is prepared to use the majority of his £70m kitty to buy TWO top-class forward’s this summer, leaving little left over to sign Fellaini.
Judging by how thin our options are up front and how desperate we are for a world class front man, I agree that our priority should be to sign a player like Luis Suarez or Gonzalo Higuain, but I don’t understand why a club like Arsenal can’t multi-task?! Surely we have enough resource within the club to be able to negotiate two deals at the same time?
Although saying that, it seems we don’t have anyone capable of closing a deal at all, which is a worry in itself. We heard all the talk from Ivan Gazidis about how we had money to spend and wanted to do our business early in the summer, yet here we are already in pre-season with no big name signings through the door.
But we have to stay positive and trust things will eventually start to happen, but I’ll be hugely disappointed if we pass up the opportunity to sign Fellaini because we couldn’t get our business done in time.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
How disappointed would you be if we miss out on Fellaini? What striker do you think we should buy?