- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Report – Arsenal Set To Bid For Sevilla Midfielder But Chelsea Also Keen
According to Sky Sports News, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is ready to submit an opening offer for highly-rated Sevilla midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia.
The French Under-20 international is one of Europe’s most in-demand youngsters after impressing in La Liga last season with Arsenal, Chelsea and Real Madrid just a selection of clubs who’ve been linked with a move in recent months.
Real have since turned their attention to Real Sociedad’s Asier Illarramendi, another reported Arsenal target, but Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho’s is still believed to hold Kondogbia in high regard having tracked his progress in Spain over the last two seasons.
Sky Sports claim that Arsene Wenger is looking to sign a defensive midfielder this summer and the 20-year-old is understood to have emerged as a prime target, with the boss said to be ready to test Sevilla’s resolve with an opening offer.
The La Liga outfit are finding themselves under pressure to sell their star men after failing to qualify for Europe next season, and it seems Kondogbia could be the latest to attract interest.
With Francis Coquelin sent out on loan and Abou Diaby injured (again), I think it’s safe to say we’re going to sign a central midfielder and Kondogbia could prove to be an excellent buy. While my preference wouldn’t be for someone so young and inexperienced, he does have all the ingredients to turn into a world class midfielder.
Standing at over 6ft 3in and powerfully built, I dare say there will be comparisons made to Patrick Vieira, and if he turned out to be half the player Paddy was, I’d be happy.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Would you like Arsenal to sign Kondogbia? If not, who do you think we should go for?