- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Reports – Arsenal Set To Table Improved £35m Bid For Luis Suarez
According to reports this afternoon, Arsenal are preparing a new and improved £35million offer for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez after cooling our interest in Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain.
After apparently seeing our opening bid of £30m rejected last week, Goal claims Arsene Wenger will now press ahead with trying to land the controversial Uruguayan by making an improved £35m offer.
Wenger is understood to have switched focus to Suarez after struggling to agree a fee with Real Madrid for Gonzalo Higuain, with the Spaniards believed to have pulled the plug on a £23m deal last week after demanding we up our bid to £25m at the last minute.
The report claims we’re actively trying to sign a ‘marquee’ striker this summer and Suarez is now our No.1 target, with Wenger considering the Liverpool hitman a better bet than Higuain and is prepared to go the extra mile to land him.
After receiving the cold shoulder from the Merseysiders, it appears Arsenal’s hopes have been boosted with Goal suggesting the 26-year-old’s representatives have made it clear that the striker would be open to a move to north London this summer.
While I personally don’t consider Goal to be a hugely reliable source of information, many other more credible newspapers have also reported that our interest is genuine and that Arsene Wenger is prepared to pay big money to land Suarez this summer, so I really think there could be something in this.
Whether we’re able to meet Liverpool’s valuation or even persuade the striker to come to us is another story, but at least it shows the club is finally showing some ambition in the transfer market.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Do you think there’s any chance we can sign Suarez? Would you want him?