- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
German Outfit Confirm Talks With Arsenal Over Striker
German outfit Frankfurt have confirmed they are deep in negotiations with Arsenal over the signing of unwanted striker Nicklas Bendtner and a final decision over the potential transfer will be made by Thursday.
The Danish international has been linked with several clubs this summer as he looks to finally seal a permanent move away from the Emirates Stadium having spent unsuccessful loan spells at Sunderland and Juventus over the past two seasons.
Malaga were the latest club to be credited with an interest but apparently they pulled out due to concerns over the players attitude, and now it seems the 25-year-old could be heading to the Bundesliga after Frankfurt released a statement on their official website confirming talks with the player and Arsene Wenger were at an advanced stage and a decision will be made either way in the next 48 hours.
“Danish player Nicklas Bendtner and his advisors held final talks with Eintracht Frankfurt on Tuesday, 9 July 2013.
“Sports director Bruno Hübner has been in close contact with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger and a final decision regarding the purchase of Bendtner should be taken in the next two days.”
It doesn’t say whether it will be a loan move or a permanent transfer but I’ve read reports suggesting a £3m deal is close. Let’s hope this one goes through and we can finally get Nicky B off the books.