- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Colombian Midfielder Set For Arsenal Trial
As we continue to wait for our ‘big money’ signings this summer, you can understand why some Arsenal fans felt a little aggrieved at hearing the news yesterday that unknown Colombian midfielder Sebastian Perez Cordona is to have a trial with the club next month.
Perez currently plays for Atletic Nacional who are based in Medellín, Colombia, and according to local journalist @JeraldineFranco, the 20-year-old is set to link up with Arsenal in August for a one week trial with the view to securing a permanent transfer if things work out.
El Arsenal (INGLATERRA) será el equipo a donde irá a probarse Sebastián Pérez (una semana en agosto) con oportunidad de quedarse
— Jera Franco (@JeraldineFranco) July 7, 2013
Like the majority of you, I know very little about this lad other than he’s a defensive midfielder who’s highly rated in his homeland. His signing is certainly nothing to get excited about in the short-term. Yes, he may turn out to be a a good addition in the future but right now, another player with ‘potential’ is not what we need. Plus, he’s not going to be available for the first team for some time yet as he’ll no doubt have issues getting a work permit.
With all the talk about interest and bids in the likes of Higuain, Suarez, Rooney and Fellaini, all we Arsenal fans have to show for it so far is the free signing of little know French striker Yaya Sanogo and what looks to be a completely unknown Colombian midfielder on a one-week trial. Hardly ground-breaking stuff, is it Arsene?!
There is still time yet to make this summer a successful one in terms of bringing players in but with the squad flying out to Asia on our pre-season tour at the end of this week, it will be hugely disappointing if we haven’t got at least one PROPER new signing on board.
Getting new players in early is vital for the adaptation period, so get on with it Arsenal!!!