- Arsenal Ready To Make Formal €31.5m Bid, Player Keen On Move
- Arsenal Agree Personal Terms With The ‘Next Patrick Vieira’
- ‘New Messi’ Trains With Arsenal & Holds Talks With Arsene Wenger
- TWEETS: Fabregas, Ozil, The Ox & More Pay Tribute To Thierry Henry
- Arsenal Invincible Offered Coaching Role By Arsene Wenger
- Arsenal Hit By Yet Another Injury Blow + Positive Walcott Update
- Arsenal ‘Close To Agreeing Terms’ With Brazilian Holding Midfielder
- TWEETS: Ozil & Ramsey React On Twitter To ‘Great’ Monaco Draw
- Arsenal Drawn To Play Monaco In Champions League Last 16
- More Bad News As Wenger Offers Ramsey & Koscielny Injury Update
Higuain Set For Madrid Talks With Ancelotti Keen To Keep Striker
Gonzalo Higuain’s protracted move to Arsenal continues to drag on with the Sun reporting today that the striker is due to hold talks with Real Madrid over his future, with boss Carlo Ancelotti still open to him staying at the club.
Last week reports claimed a move to the Emirates Stadium was close after we apparently agreed a £23m deal with Madrid and some journalists even suggested the transfer could have been concluded on Friday. However, reports emerged from Spain that claimed Madrid had suddenly upped the ante at the last minute and demanded a higher fee from us, using every dirty trick in the book.
In what’s becoming a rather tiresome transfer ‘saga’, the latest ‘twist’ is that new Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti is set to meet with the striker this week to resolve his future with the Italian still open to the idea of the 25-year-old staying at the Bernabeu.
Higuain still has three years left on his Madrid contract and while the club will sell if he demands a move, Ancelotti is more than happy for him to remain and fight for his place in the Spanish capital.
While big-money moves take time and require a certain amount of patience, the whole Higuain saga is bordering on ridiculous now and the longer it goes on the more you get the feeling we’re going to be left disappointed once again.
If there is nothing official this week, I’d say the Argentine won’t be coming to north London this summer. Fingers crossed we hear something concrete in the coming days.
Check out more Arsenal transfer news
Do you think we’ll end up signing Higuain? Or are we set to miss out once again?