- Arsenal to hold talks with agent ahead of tabling defender bid
- Arsenal ace to be handed captaincy after snubbing Bayern Munich move
- Arsenal eyeing £23m move for 31-goal international striker
- Arsenal working on deal to sign Argentinean wonderkid
- Arsenal star voices his frustration at Arsene Wenger
- Arsenal to announce £30m signing within next 48 hours – report
- Arsenal make £38.7m striker bid as agent holds talks – reports
- Arsenal preparing bid after holding talks over defender signing
- Photo: Arsenal confirm new shirt number for Alexis Sanchez
- [Photos & Video] Arsenal officially unveil new 2016/17 home kit
Higuain Set For Madrid Talks With Ancelotti Keen To Keep Striker
Gonzalo Higuain’s protracted move to Arsenal continues to drag on with the Sun reporting today that the striker is due to hold talks with Real Madrid over his future, with boss Carlo Ancelotti still open to him staying at the club.
Last week reports claimed a move to the Emirates Stadium was close after we apparently agreed a £23m deal with Madrid and some journalists even suggested the transfer could have been concluded on Friday. However, reports emerged from Spain that claimed Madrid had suddenly upped the ante at the last minute and demanded a higher fee from us, using every dirty trick in the book.
In what’s becoming a rather tiresome transfer ‘saga’, the latest ‘twist’ is that new Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti is set to meet with the striker this week to resolve his future with the Italian still open to the idea of the 25-year-old staying at the Bernabeu.
Higuain still has three years left on his Madrid contract and while the club will sell if he demands a move, Ancelotti is more than happy for him to remain and fight for his place in the Spanish capital.
While big-money moves take time and require a certain amount of patience, the whole Higuain saga is bordering on ridiculous now and the longer it goes on the more you get the feeling we’re going to be left disappointed once again.
If there is nothing official this week, I’d say the Argentine won’t be coming to north London this summer. Fingers crossed we hear something concrete in the coming days.
Check out more Arsenal transfer news
Do you think we’ll end up signing Higuain? Or are we set to miss out once again?