- Preview: Sunderland v Arsenal, duo ruled out, Ox starts + prediction
- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
Agent: Arsenal Defender Attracting Interest
Arsenal contract rebel Bacary Sagna is attracting interest from France and Turkey, according to the defenders agent Laurent Gutsmuth.
The Frenchman has just one year remaining on his current contract at the Emirates and has shown no signs of signing a new deal. The club are thought to be only willing to offer him a one-year extension while Sagna, mindful that this is likely to be the last ‘big’ contract of his career, wants at least two years.
With doubts over his long-term future, reports have linked with 30-year-old with a move away from Arsenal in recent weeks and the right-backs agent, Laurent Gutsmuth, has confirmed Turkish giants Galatasaray and Fenerbahce as well as ambitious French duo Monaco and PSG, are interested in his services.
“The futue of Bacary Sagna? He has still one year deal with Arsenal, we’ll see what happen”. Gutsmuth told Transfer Market Web
“He is appreciated by several teams: in Turkey by Galatasaray and Fenerbahce and in France by Monaco and Paris Saint-Germain.”
Sagna recently said that talks are still ongoing and insists he isn’t seeking a move away from the club:
“We are still talking [about a new contract],”
“I never said I wanted to leave the club, but there are some journalists who want to speculate as I have just one year to go.
“The fact is that I am still at Arsenal and I am looking forward to playing next season.” he told the Express.
It’s a difficult one, if he doesn’t sign a new deal do we cash in now? Arsenal won’t want to lose Sagna for nothing next summer so from a financial standpoint it would make sense to sell if the likes of PSG or Monaco submit a tempting bid.
But Sagna is one of the most senior names in the squad and that kind of experience is vital around the dressing room, so I’d personally like to see him stay for one more season even if he doesn’t sign a new deal. Hopefully something can be agreed though, let’s see what happens in the coming weeks.
Check out more Arsenal transfer news
Would you sell Sagna if he doesn’t agree a new deal?