- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Report – Arsenal & Liverpool ‘In Talks’ With Spurs Target David Villa
Could we be about to hijack Tottenham’s move for David Villa? Well according to reports coming out of Spain today, it’s a distinct possibility.
A number of media outlets claimed earlier in the week that Villa to Spurs was a ‘done deal’ and it only seemed a matter of time until he would be revealed on TottenhamHotspur.com as their player. However, the hours and days have passed and still we await any official announcement.
Now it appears the proposed move to White Hart Lane is further away than first thought as Spanish publication ‘Sport‘ are claiming that the 31-year-old is in talks with not one, but two, of Tottenham’s Premier League rivals with both Arsenal AND Liverpool understood to be in negotiations with the prolific hitman.
The newspaper also suggests that Barcelona may try and use Villa as a bargaining chip in their pursuit of Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, but no official approach has been made yet.
Villa is understood to be mulling things over and is yet to make his mind up over his next move, but it appears Arsenal are still very-much in the hunt for the veteran striker (if you believe ‘Sports‘ report) despite the imminent arrival of Gonzalo Higuain.
As most Arsenal fans will remember, we were heavily linked with Villa in the January window and reports claimed we had a deal agreed until Tito Vilanova blocked the move at the last minute. While it’s clear we’re in for Higuain this summer, it’s still believable that Arsene Wenger may want to sign another striker as well, such is our lack of depth in that area.
Who knows if Sports report is accurate or not, but personally I’d love us to bring in Villa along with Higuain. Not only would it potentially weaken our rivals, we’d also have an excellent variety of attacking options next season. Fingers crossed it will happen but if I was a betting man I’d still back him making the move to Spurs, unfortunately.
Check out more Arsenal transfer news
Would you like both Villa and Higuain to join Arsenal? Get involved in the comments section below.