- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Report – Higuain Move To Arsenal In Doubt
Another day and another apparent ‘twist’ in the Gonzalo Higuain to Arsenal saga with Goal reporting that the deal is now in doubt with the club failing to agree a fee for the striker with Real Madrid.
The report claims Arsenal chiefs flew out to Spain last month to hold official talks with Madrid and although no fee was agreed, there was enough confidence that a deal could be struck that the Spaniards gave us permission to negotiate with Higuain and his representatives.
Goal suggest we’ve since agreed terms with the player worth around £100,000-a-week and he now has his heart set on a move to the Emirates, but after weeks of further talks between the two clubs, a fee is yet to be agreed. Arsenal are apparently refusing to go higher than £21m, while Madrid are demanding £25.5m.
A world class striker is a top priority for Arsene Wenger this summer and the impasse has forced him consider other targets – including Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney. A deal for Higuain remains more likely than being able to land Rooney, but it seems we’re going to have to push the boat out a little further if we’re to bring the Argentinean hitman to north London this summer.
Most fans will be shouting “just pay the f**king £25.5m Arsenal, stop being so tight!”, but big-money transfers like this take time and negotiations can be a long, drawn out affair. So we’re just going to have to sit tight and be patient. Sure, I’ll be gutted if we miss out because we refused to pay an extra million or two but hopefully it won’t come to that.
As ever, Arsenal Station will keep you up-to-date with any developments. I expect there will be several before anything official is announced!
Check out more Arsenal transfer news
How disappointed would you be if we miss out on Higuain for the sake of a few million? Get involved below…