- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
“Lyon Have Rejected An Offer From Arsenal”
Highly-rated French midfielder Clement Grenier has admitted that he doesn’t know if he will extend his contract at Lyon and revealed that Arsenal have had an offer for him turned down this summer.
The 22-year-old only has one-year remaining on his current contract and has been heavily linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks after boss Arsene Wenger admitted he was interested in the attacker, claiming he reminded him of former Gunner Samir Nasri.
‘We are following him. His intelligence of play pleases me. He has interesting qualities. He reminds me of (Samir) Nasri.’ Wenger said last month
It seems the boss has followed up that interest with a firm bid, with Grenier revealing that our opening offer was knocked back by the French outfit, with Lyon thought to be desperate for him to sign a new deal.
However, the midfielder claims he doesn’t know whether he’ll commit his future to the club in the wake of the interest being shown in him but he hopes a meeting with president Jean-Michel Aulas will see his future resolved once and for all.
“Today I cannot say if I will extend my contract,”
“I know Lyon have rejected an offer from Arsenal. Of course it’s flattering that clubs are interested in me.”
“It’s hard for me to talk about my future now because I’m not yet certain of it. I prefer to wait to be 100% sure of what is going to happen before I do it.
“I do not know where my future lies. I’m not 100 per cent sure of what I want to do. I look forward to this meeting to be certain.” Grenier is quoted as saying in the Express.
Arsenal’s bid was believed to be £6m plus a 25% sell-on clause, which was described as an ‘insult’ by Aulas. A second bid is expected to go in soon but it remains to be seen whether we’ll be able to strike a deal with the notoriously difficult Lyon president.
Check out more Arsenal transfer news
Who would you like Arsenal to sign this summer? Share your suggestions below…