- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Agree Deals With Promising Trio
Arsenal have confirmed today that three promising youth players have signed new contracts with the club.
The players in question are defender Zachari Fagan and midfielder Anthony Jeffrey – who have both signed their first professional contracts – and striker Zak Ansah who has signed a new deal with Arsenal.
Fagan has been with the club since the age of 10 and impressed during his 19 appearances for the under-18′s last season, so-much-so that he earned himself a call-up to the under-21′s.
Jeffrey was also a regular for the under-18′s and NextGen teams last year and bagged two goals in three FA Youth Cup games. His last two months of the season were spent on loan at Stevenage but he only managed 1 appearance for the League One outfit.
Ansah is a promising forward who made 10 appearances for the under-21′s last season and came through the Hall End academy before signing his first professional contract in 2011. His most notable moment yet came when he scored during a 4-2 win over Athletic Bilbao to help the Gunners through to the knockout stages of the NextGen Series.
As we all await news of big-money signings, it’s good to see the club are still thinking of the future and trying to secure the services of our most promising young talent. Hopefully we see these boys in the first team one day.