- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal In Talks To Hijack Tottenham’s £15m Double Deal
On what’s been a relatively quiet day of transfer news for Arsenal (yes, Gonzalo Higuain is still not confirmed!), one story caught my eye in the Mirror, who claim that Arsenal are in talks to try and hijack Tottenham’s £15m move for Dinamo Zagreb pair Tin Jedbaj and Alen Halilovic.
Both players are tipped for great things back in their homeland and they’ve been linked with a host of clubs including Arsenal, Tottenham, Man Utd and Real Madrid in recent months.
Reports on Sunday suggested that Spurs had pulled off a major coup by agreeing a deal to sign the highly-rated duo for £15m, with the deal believed to include several performance-based add-ons. The transfer of the 17-year-old’s to White Hart Lane would be delayed until each turned 18, which would see Jedvaj arrive next January and Halilovic next summer.
Tottenham fans rejoiced and took to Twitter to dig-out Arsenal fans claiming they’d ‘got one over us’. However, on Monday, Dinamo Sporting Director Zdravko Mamic denied that any deal had been agreed with Spurs, claiming that talks were still on-going:
“Negotiations with Spurs are in progress – the deal in not yet done,” he said.
“We are negotiating with Tottenham. We hope and believe the transfer of those two to Spurs will happen, but it’s not yet done.”
“When and if the transfer of Halilovi? & Jedvaj to Spurs is confirmed, both Dinamo and Tottenham will publish it officially.”
The story took another twist today with the Mirror reporting that Arsenal are now in formal talks with the Croatian outfit to try and hijack Tottenham’s deal for the pair, although the newspaper doesn’t have any further details about the offer we’ve put forward.
Of the two, midfielder Halilovic is the stand-out player and he’s been tipped to emulate compatriot Luka Modric. He’s already played for the senior Croatian national team while centre-back Jedvaj has been invited to train with the squad at previous international meet-ups, so they certainly look to have a bright future ahead of them.
£15m does seem like quite a lot for two teenagers who haven’t played outside of Croatia yet, but I’d love to get one over that lot up the road so I hope we gazump them and snap these two starlets up!