- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Grenier Hints At Arsenal Move As Gunners Prepare Improved Offer For Midfielder
French midfielder Clement Grenier has hinted at a move to Arsenal this summer with the Gunners understood to be lining up an improved offer after Lyon rejected our opening £6m bid.
Grenier is out-of-contract in 12 months time and it seems boss Arsene Wenger eyed a bargain by tabling a cheeky £6m bid, with the Metro reporting that the offer included a 25% sell-on clause as well as the promise of a future partnership between Arsenal and Lyon.
However, the French outfit rejected the offer out-of-hand with notoriously stubborn president Jean-Michel Aulas seemingly unwilling to sell his star man without a fight.
It’s understood Aulas met with the players agent, Frederic Guerra, last week to discuss a new contract but it seems the 22-year-old has made up his mind that he wants to leave and has hinted the club he wants to join is Arsenal. He said:
‘I have more or less made a decision about which club I want to join.
‘I have made the choice for sporting reasons above all. Arsenal? It could well be them.’ Grenier is quoted as saying by the Daily Mail
Arsenal are expected to go back in with an improved offer for the attacking midfielder but it remains to be seen how high the club are willing to go for a player keen on a move and one who has just 1 year left on his contract.
Wenger is a known admirer of Grenier’s and confirmed his interest earlier in the summer when he also compared his playing style to that of former Gunner Samir Nasri
‘We are following him. His intelligence of play pleases me. He has interesting qualities. He reminds me of (Samir) Nasri.’ Wenger said
The boss had Grenier scouted last season and it seems he saw enough to make his interest official and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see the talented Frenchman arrive at the Emirates in the coming weeks. It wouldn’t be a transfer window without Arsenal buying from Ligue 1, after all!
Check out more Arsenal transfer news
Would Grenier be a good signing? Get involved in the comments section.