- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Done Deal! Arsenal Confirm Signing Of Exciting French Striker
Finally we’ve confirmed the signing of a new striker. No, unfortunately it’s not Gonzalo Higuain but it is exciting French youngster Yaya Sanogo.
Most Gooners have known that Sanogo was coming to the Emirates for weeks but in true Arsenal style, we’ve taken forever to officially confirm the deal. The club finally announced the move on Arsenal.com this evening, revealing that the 20-year-old has signed a long-term contract and arrives on a free transfer having seen his contract with Auxerre expire – although the Ligue 1 club will be due compensation of around £450,000.
A statement on the clubs official website read:
Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that French youth international Yaya Sanogo has joined on a long-term contract.
The deal is subject to the completion of formal registration processes, with Sanogo joining up with his new team-mates after his participation in the Under-20 World Cup.
Sanogo has had his fair share of injury problems that have restricted him to just 24 appearances for the French outfit. However, he’s managed an impressive 11 goals during that time and is also putting in some encouraging displays for the French team at the under-20 World Cup – scoring 2 goals in 3 games so far to help the French qualify for the knockout stages.
After completing the deal, Arsène Wenger said:
“Sanogo is a good young signing for us. He has shown that he has potential with his recent performances for Auxerre and also for the France Under-20 side. We are looking forward to Yaya joining us and continuing his promising development.”
The transfer is still subject to the completion of the formal registration process and Sanogo will link up with the rest of the Arsenal squad after he’s finished playing at the Under-20 World Cup.
Welcome to Arsenal Yaya! Your not the big-name signing we crave, but hopefully you’ll prove to be another shrewd purchase from Wenger.