- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Table €23m Bid For Lars Bender
Some interesting news eminating from Germany this afternoon Gooners with Arsenal believed to have submitted a record €23million (£19.7million) bid for Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Lars Bender.
The Mirror have picked up on the reports, which I believe stem from the German Express newspaper, which claims Leverkusen have rejected the huge offer out of hand, insisting the 24-year-old midfielder is not for sale this summer.
Bender has been hugely impressive for Leverksen since joining from 1860 Munich back in 2009 and enjoyed an excellent season in the Bundesliga last year, earning rave reviews for his displays at the centre of midfield and he’s also managed to break into the German international team, earning 14 caps so far.
But with his contract running until 2017 and Leverkusen already losing Andre Schurrle to Chelsea and right-back Dani Carvajal to Real Madrid, the German outfit have made it clear they have no intention of selling any more first team players and that includes Bender.
If these reports are accurate, it’s another example of Arsenal at least showing signs of ambition in the transfer market this summer. We’ve read reports of a £22m deal for Gonzalo Higuain, a possible £20m+ bid for Wayne Rooney, weighting up whether to activate Marouane Fellaini’s £22m release clause and now we’ve apparently bid nearly £20m for Bender.
It’s all very exciting and it seems certain we’ll break our transfer record at least once this summer, but unfortunately no deal has been completed yet so we’ll just have to sit tight and be patient. A big deal is just around the corner Gooners, I can feel it!
Check out more Arsenal transfer news
Would you like to see Bender come to Arsenal? Would it be £20m well spent?