- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal Eye Reina As Wenger Asks Liverpool To Be Kept Informed Of Developments
Arsenal appear to be back in for goalkeeper Pepe Reina with the Evening Standard reporting today that boss Arsene Wenger has asked Liverpool to keep him informed of the players availability this summer.
We’ve been linked with the Spaniard several times over the past few transfer windows and Reina once claimed he was on the verge of signing for Arsenal back in 2010 but then Liverpool owners Hicks & Gillett blocked the £20m deal at the last minute.
A new goalkeeper is understood to be high on Wenger’s priority list this summer and it seems he could go back in for Reina if the 30-year-old quits Anfield with the newspaper reporting that Wenger has asked to know if the stopper becomes available for transfer.
His position as No.1 at has come under threat following the arrival of Simon Mignolet from Sunderland on Tuesday and you can’t imagine the Belgian agreed to join Liverpool to sit on the bench and Reina surely won’t be happy playing second fiddle, particularly when they’ve both got the 2014 World Cup next summer to think about, so a move could certainly happen this summer.
All the talk recently has suggested Reina is bound for Barcelona if he does leave and it would be difficult for us to persuade him to move to north London over Catalonia, but you just never know.
Reina has publicly stated he’s willing to stay and fight for his place but the Standard suggest he’s set to hold talks with Brendan Rodgers after the Confederations Cup and if I was a betting man I’d say his days at Anfield are numbered. However, I think we’ll see him back at Barca and not pulling on the famous Red & White next season. Can’t say I’ll be too disappointed though as I think there are better options out there.
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Do you think Reina will leave Liverpool? Would Arsenal fans like to sign him?