- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal officials in Madrid to tie up £22m Higuain deal with medical due today
It seems Gonzalo Higuain’s proposed moved to Arsenal is edging closer with several reports suggesting a £22m deal could be completed early this week.
Sky Sports News are claiming that their sources indicate Arsenal officials flew to Madrid over the weekend to finalise a deal for the Argentinean hitman after agreeing personal terms with the player, while Spanish radion station Radio Cadena YSKL used their Twitter account to reveal that the move has now been completed and Higuain will undergo a medical today.
This comes off the back of days of speculation with several media outlets claiming we were closing in on the striker, so it does look as though we could be about to seal our first big-money signing of the summer and with it, break our transfer record.
The signing of Higuain would not only be a huge boost for the fans but also a massive sign of intent by the club that they mean business this summer. The 25-year-old would be an excellent addition to the squad and would give the supports real belief that we are finally heading in the right direction again after years of stagnation.
If and when we do officially confirm Higuain’s signature, it’s important that we follow it up with a couple of other big names. If we could bring in Marouane Fellaini, a top drawer defender and perhaps another versatile attacker/attacking midfielder, then I think we’ll have an excellent squad going into next season and have a great chance of ending that much talked about trophy drought.
Check out more Arsenal transfer news
Will you be excited if Higuain completes his proposed move? Who else would you like to see come to the club this summer?