- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
‘Wilshere Has A Spectacular Future Ahead Of Him’
As Arsenal prepare for Sunday’s crucial North London Derby against Tottenham, Santi Cazorla has taken time out to praise fellow midfielder Jack Wilshere claiming the youngster has a ‘spectacular future ahead of him’.
Cazorla has been a huge success since his summer move from Malaga and scored his 11 goal of the season against Aston Villa on Saturday. The Spaniard’s partnership with Jack Wilshere in the heart of midfield has been a shining light in what has otherwise been a disappointing season so far for Arsenal and Cazorla claims the pair are improving their understanding on the pitch with each passing game.
Speaking to Arsenal.com, Santi hailed Jack’s impact this season saying he’s ‘a complete footballer’ before claiming he has room to improve even further:
“He adds something extra and I’m gradually getting to know his style of play better,”
“His way of playing complements my own; in fact, we play in similar positions and that makes it easier for us to establish a greater understanding every day.
“As I’ve said, he adds that little bit more that we need in many of our games. His return from injury was a great plus for the Club and we all hope he can maintain the level he’s at because he’s very good.
“I didn’t know much about him when I came to the Club because he hasn’t been around for very long. He surprised me because he is such a complete footballer.
“He’s young and has a spectacular future ahead of him and he’s also got a lot of room to mature and develop. I have no doubt that he’s going to be even more important here in the future.”
It’s difficult to argue with Cazorla, isn’t it? Sometimes we forget how long Jack was out with a serious injury and not all players can get back to their previous level so quickly while some don’t recover at all. See Aaron Ramsey and Eduardo as examples.
The fact Wilshere has not only come back and made an immediate impact, but he’s already proving to be a better player than he was before his long lay-off, is quite remarkable.
His talent is frightening and once he follows Cesc Fabregas’ example and starts to add goals to his game, he’s going to be some player. Jack only has 2 goals to his name this season, neither coming in the league, so this is the area I think we’ll see a huge improvement in soon. Cesc only really brought goals to the table when he was 22 or 23 and I think we’ll see improved numbers from Wilshere over the next couple of seasons too.
How good can Jack Wilshere become?