- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
David Villa To Arsenal Back On?
With Arsenal announcing their latest financial results on Monday (which revealed another healthy profit of over £17m and cash reserves of £123m) many fans have been looking ahead to the summer and dreaming of who might be signed by boss Arsene Wenger.
One player who was constantly linked with a move to the Emirates in January was Barcelona striker David Villa and it seems he might be available in the summer if we still want him after the Catalans vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu confirmed the club won’t stand in his way if he wants to leave, according to talkSPORT.
The 31-year-old has struggled to force his way back into the Barca team after returning from a broken leg back in August and has started just 9 of their 25 La Liga games so far this campaign. He was reportedly keen on a move to north London during the winter window in order to get more first team football under his belt but the Spaniards refused to let him go.
However, it seems their stance will soften come the end of the season with Bartomeu saying:
“The coaches hope he [Villa] is here next season but we will not retain any player that is uncomfortable. In that case, we will talk to him to seek a solution.”
There has been much talk of Wenger being given around £70m to spend in the summer and talkSPORT claim we’ll go back in for Villa but is he still the right man?
I think there’s no doubt we need to strengthen up front and while Villa is still a deadly finisher, at 31 he’s coming to the end of his career and personally I’d like to see us go for someone younger and who we can build the team around long-term.
Don’t get me wrong, if we end up signing Villa I’ll be pleased, but I’d be even happier if we could land someone like Stefan Jovetic or Robert Lewandowski!
Who would you like Wenger to sign in the summer? Villa? Jovetic? A.N.Other?