- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
Amateurs and Injuries (Fake and Real)
Arsenal defeated SC Columbia, a team of rank amateurs, 7-1 yesterday after going behind 1-nil thanks to a disgraceful gaffe by Manuel Almunia. Braces for van Persie, Ramsey, and Bendtner and a goal for Gallas made up the scoring while the match provided a chance for Wenger to experiment, most notably by playing Senderos in front of the defense. Not much to be said about a match like this that the highlights won’t tell you, though you will not see how much Diaby struggled against these part-timers. Yes, he’s a technically gifted footballer but he has no football intelligence to tell him what to with that technique. And that is why he has looked like a true member of the team on the pitch on only very rare occasions.
And it also looks as though Samir Nasri’s injury is not as bad as originally feared. Arsene Wenger has said that he should return in six weeks. This is good news for all of us and we wish him a speedy recovery. In other good news, it seems that the hullabaloo made over Wenger’s statements regarding Eduardo were, as most sane people thought, misinterpreted by the media. I know… what a shock, right? Apparently, the comment made an even bigger storm in Croatia as it seemed that Eduardo might not be fully fit for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers. Eduardo spoke to a Croatian news outlet and said:
“I do not know anything about the statement made by my coach. It can not be true. I am completely ready physically. I was told that I will play between 20 and 30 minutes on the 27th July when we play against Szombatelya. Two days later against Hannover 96 I will play a half. I feel great, next week I will play for Arsenal, and I believe that everything will be OK.”
Also, Arsenal Station will be posting widescreen match highlights and making them available in the VodPod box on the right hand side of the page.